Urology in Pune
Urology is a surgical specialty which deals with diseases of the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. Although urology is classified as a surgical specialty, a knowledge of internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology and other specialties is required by the urologist because of the wide variety of clinical problems encountered. In recognition of the wide scope of urology, the American Urological Association has identified seven subspecialty areas:
- -Laparoscopic Radical prostatectomy : Laparoscopic Radical prostatectomy, for cancer prostate. Currently the only urologist in Pune offering this service.
- -Kidney Stone Treatment : Minimally Invasive Stone treatment including RIRS (flexible ureteroscopic intrarenal stone surgery), Miniperc (Per Cutaneous stone treatment through tiny puncture) and standard PCNL. He is considered to be the expert in the stone treatment not only in Pune but all over India. He conducts many training workshops in this modality all over India for urologist in training.
- -Kidney Transplantation : Dr. Talaulikar is currently the only urologist in Pune offering Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy (harvesting the donor kidney through laparoscopic method.) This not only is cosmetically superior but also the donor is able to resume full productive work in the quickest time.
- -Laparoscopic Urological Cancer Treatment : Dr. Talaulikar is an expert in minimally invasive treatment for kidney cancer including nephron sparing surgery (partial nephrectomy) by Laparoscopic approach.
- -Reconstructive Urology : Vast experience treatment of stricture urethra with various reconstruction techniques including Buccal mucosa urethroplasty. Laparoscopic correction of Pelvi ureteric junction obstruction, Vesico ureteric reflux surgery and Vesico vaginal fistula surgery.
- -Female Urinary Disorders : Urinary tract infections, medical and surgical management of urinary incontinence.